Monday, November 2, 2009

Mystery of Haggis Magic Panties

Anytime I've allowed the students to freely draw, Haggis Magic Panties have appeared. For the Carmen Sandiego detective applications, the first occurrence, a student drew Haggis Magic Panties. For my polite language gift giving lesson, the Haggis Magic Panties appeared again. And twice again as a Halloween costumes: Haggis Woman and Haggis mask. What are Haggis Magic Panties?


"Teacher, for babies. Very famous."
Oh.......diapers?
"Yes, Teacher!"
So if I go to Homeplus (a Korean super-super-super store), I'll find Haggis Magic Panties?
"YES!"

I was excited to find out what Haggis was all about. What crazy anime character would be the poster face for Haggis Magic Panties? My students' drawings had let my imagination run wild. But, I was let down at Homeplus when all I saw were tamely-advertised Huggies...


...till I looked at the Hangul. Huggies was Hangulized 하기스=ha-gi-seu=Haggis. And 매직 팬티 = meh-jik phan-tee = magic panty. So much for the crazy Haggis Woman.

1 comment:

  1. Man, we go through a lot of magic panties at my house these days! Love your stories Alicia - sounds like you're having a good time and doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete