Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why would you be a good detective?

I'm theming all my lessons to be a big game of Carmen Sandiego. For the first lesson, all the students "became" detectives; I had them fill out applications. Some students didn't understand the question. Some students understood and wrote answers from the board. Others were more interesting. Take a look! There's a lot, be sure to check the last one.


"I'm clever."
"I guess well."
"I am intelligent and brave."
"I like thinking hard and finding clues."
"Just because."
"I want to be famous."
"I can catch thieves."
"Because I'm cute <3."
"I am very serious and clever." ".........."
"Because...hmmm yo so cool."
"I'm a good traveler." (important for chasing Carmen)
"I'm very healthy. I'm very fast. I'm very smart."
"I want world peace." (Is she practicing for a beauty pageant?) "I hate thieves but I love detectives. I want peace." "I don't want to be a good detective." (a rebel!)
"I don't want to be a detective. I want to be a thief." (now Carmen's a role model)
"Thief is bad guy. Thief's had to die."
"Because good detective is very handsome."
"Because good detective is so cool."
"I'm working hard."
"I'm elite."
"I'm good at guessing, speaking another language. And I'm smart and work hard, genius --> But my friend don't think so." (by Hee-Jin, just call her Jean)
"Because it is a very good work."
"(...) And I study hard; so, maybe I am a smart girl." (she wrote a lot, yes she is smart!)
"I want some 'money'!!"
"In fact, my original dream is being a good police detective and I want to major in criminal psychology at the university. So if I would be a good detective, I would work really hard with my passion." (WOW Kang De-Yeon)
"I am not stupid." (good start...)
"Because I am very smart and I have charisma."
"HAGUIS MAGIC Pantie. My brain is very special. I am very genious. Olleh~!)" (?? I have no idea what's going on...look below for a surprise)
"funny, cool, thrill"
"I like 혼스. I like solving puzzles. I'm spontaneous."
"I have a loud voice. I am good at hide. I am speak another language."
"Because detective is smart, brave, and use very interesting technology."
"Catch Carmen Sandiego"
"(...) I speak 7 languages." (liar!)
"I don't NO!"

The most intense answer: (I was surprised.)
"I want to fight with devil. Carmen Sandiego didn't keep the rules. So she is the devil of the world."

Oh, my Korean girls. What an interesting year we will have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment