Saturday, August 1, 2009

Alicia can speak Korean for 5 min

5 minute speeches in Korean class today--look how much I wrote for my draft! Looks impressive, right? OK, don't get too excited; read at what this translates too:

"Hello! My name is Alicia. I'm American; I came from Texas. I came to Incheon, Korea on July 5th, 2009. Right now, I live at a dorm at Kangwon University in Chuncheon. Right now, I am a student, however I'm going to be an English teacher.

Right now, I'm studying Korean at Kangwon University. I wake up at 7am, and drink coffee and eat breakfast. At 9am, Korean class starts, and at 10 till 1pm, class finishes. I like studying Korean because Korean class is very fun. After class, I eat lunch in the cafeteria. In the afternoon, I go to meetings. At 5pm, I do taekwondo. I like taekwondo because it is difficult. At 6pm, taekwondo finishes. After taekwondo, I eat dinner and shwoer. Then, I study Korean and meet my Korean friend Seong Jun; together we speak English and Korean. At about 12am, I sleep.

During the weekend, there is no class, so I meet my friends; together we play sports. During the weekend, I go to the supermarket. I buy coffee and fruit. Last Saturday, at Emart, I brought a camera. The camera was expensive, but I like taking pictures.

I eat meals at the cafeteria, however, the food does not taste good. I like patbingsu because it is sweet and very delicious. Tuesday night, I met Seoung Jun. We ate samgyeopsal at a restaurant in back gate. Samgyeopsal was delicious. I also like samgyeopsal. Korean is hard--study! Thank you."

The grammar is Korean is much different than English, meaning that the Korean version is much simpler. But, considering that 4 weeks ago, I didn't speak a word of Korean, or even know the alphabet, I'm reasonably content with my progress. I also, however, feel that I've been sent back to elementary school.

Curious about the samgyeopsal and patbingsu? No worries, they get an entire post each (they're that delicious).



My class with teachers Park Areum (dark pink) and You Hana (pale pink dress).

No comments:

Post a Comment